Koh Naka Noi Island is just to the southwest of its bigger sister Koh Naka Yai Island and is much smaller at about 0.6 miles (1 km) long, with less to do and nowhere to stay.
Koh Naka Noi Beach Clubs
None per se. The beach bar below could be called a beach club.
Koh Naka Noi Beach Restaurants
- Nakha Noi Bar – This is a large bar that covers the northern tip of Naka Noi Beach. They offer things to do like billiards, banana boats and jet ski rentals. They of course have a restaurant. Food quality and service was not mentioned in any of the reviews, so give it a try and let us know what you think.
Koh Naka Noi Beach Accommodation
None, this is a small island with a few structures that could be Airbnb rentals, but which are not listed on the maps.
Koh Naka Noi Beach Facts & Features
- Location in Relation to Phuket: On Koh Naka Noi Island facing west and north. Koh Naka Noi Island is about .6 miles (1 km) southwest of Koh Naka Yai Island and 2.7 miles (4.4 km) southeast of Ao Po Pier on the east side of Phuket Island.
- GPS Data: 08° 01` 56” N, 98° 27` 32” E
- Surrounding Beaches: Koh Naka Yai Beach is south.
- Direction Facing: Generally west, but the beach curves a bit.
- Beach Length: 713 meters (2,340 ft.) for the main part of the beach, it does stretch down the entire length of the west side of the island.
- Beach Width: 12 meters (39 ft.) on average.
- Estimated Beach Area: 8,478 m2 (91,260 square ft.)
- Beach Quality: Nice deep and nearly white sand covers most of the main area of the beach. There are more rocks at the southern end.
- Ocean Bottom: Relatively free of rocks and coral close to shore, sandy bottom. As water is deeper, there is less sand and more rocks and coral.
- Restroom / showers facilities? Restrooms at the bar on the north end.
- Beach features: The beach faces west, perfect for sunset and it has a large bar and beautiful scenic area on the northern tip of the island. There is coral for snorkeling if the tide isn’t strong.
- Public or Private? Entrance fees? Public, no fees.
- Lifeguard Available? No.
- Boat anchorage possible? Not sure.
- Boat dock and marina? There is a small dock, probably just for longtail boats.
- How to reach Koh Naka Noi Island? From Ao Po Pier by longtail boat.
- Attractions: Nakha Noi Bar on the northern tip of the island gives the vibe of Koh Naka Noi with jet skis and banana boat rides on offer all day. This is not the quiet island paradise you might have been hoping for.
- Activities: Jet skiing; banana boats; drinks at the bar.
- Surfing? None.
- Sunbeds Available? Yes, at the bar, for a charge – not usually included in your tour package.
- Umbrellas? Yes, at the bar, for a charge.
- Water quality: Very Good.
- Convenience shop available? No.
- Massage available? No.
- Picnic possible? Yes, however please don’t leave your rubbish behind.
- Smoking? Thailand authorities are cracking down on smoking at beaches around the country. Soon they expect to make it a country-wide smoking ban – so do stay up to date because fines are high and can include prison time.
- Warnings: The usual cautions apply about longtail boats, jet skiers, and banana boats running over top of snorkelers and swimmers.
More about Phuket Beaches
check out the Blog: