Nai Thon Noi Beach is a west-facing beach about 80 meters (87 yards) long and located just south of its larger sister beach, Nai Thon Beach. Noi means small in Thai language. This tiny beach is located on the west side of Phuket Island, just 9 km (5.6 miles) south of the Phuket International Airport (HKT). Nai Thon Noi is a very small beach with a hill on the south end covered with villas, and with rocks on either end. In addition to the many villas covering the hill behind the beach, back amongst the trees at the top of the hill overlooking Nai Thon Noi Beach are a number of private residences.
Because the beach is surrounded by rocky shores, this is an ideal spot for snorkeling! Make sure to bring your snorkel, mask and fins if you’re ready for some uncrowded snorkeling along the coast. Go north and there is about 600 meters (656 yards) of rocky coast – probably without anyone else snorkeling. Head south, away from Nai Thon’s larger beach, and you’ll have about 150 meters (164 yards) of rocks to explore. Going to the north or south, you’ll surely be alone in exploring the underwater world of the Andaman Sea in this prime spot.
There are no real activities at this beach, it is more for visitors wishing to enjoy a peaceful and relaxing day away from the noise and closeness of crowds found elsewhere. There are never too many people at Nai Thon Noi Beach, it’s an ideal hideaway to seek out when you’re not in the mood to deal with the stresses of life.
Nai Thon Noi Beach Clubs
There are no beach clubs at Nai Thon Noi.
Nai Thon Noi Beach Restaurants / Bars
There are no beach restaurants or bars here at Nai Thon Noi, but Nai Thon Beach in our listing above has some you can visit.
Nai Thon Noi Beach Accommodations
- Treville Phuket – the villas on the hill above the beach are part of Treville Resort, but they have no real web presence. They’re website is a dead-end and they have just one review. The villas look great, but we have no idea how to book them. They’re not on Agoda and they don’t come up in a Google search. If you have any info, do let us know.
Nai Thon Noi Beach Facts
- Location in Phuket: Just south of Nai Thon Beach on Phuket Island’s northwest coast.
- GPS Data: 8° 03’ 15” N, 98° 16’ 40” E
- Distance to Patong / Phuket Town / Airport in km: 28 / 33 / 8
- Taxis available: Yes
- Surrounding Beaches: To the south is Nai Thorn Beach; north is Nai Thon Beach (Yai).
- Direction Facing: West
- Beach Length: 60 meters (66 yd.)
- Beach Width: 20 meters (22 yd.)
- Estimated Beach Area: 1’200 square meter (1,435 square yd.)
- Beach Quality: Exceptional! Quite lovely with white sand and fantastic wild setting.
- Ocean Bottom: Soft sand and ideal for swimming or walking in the shallow Andaman Sea.
- Restroom / showers facilities? Soft sand and ideal for swimming or walking in the shallow Andaman Sea.
- Beach features: None
- Lifeguard Available? No
- Sunbeds Available? No
- Umbrellas? No
- Public or Private? Entrance fees? Public, there is a trail from the street through the forest to the beach or you can walk along the beach from Nai Thon beach.
- Water quality: Very Good
- Boat anchorage possible? Yes, when waves are calm.
- Boat dock and marina? N/A
- Longtail boat rental possible? No
- Speedboat/longtail boat tours possible? No/No
- Sea inflow:: No
- Slope into sea until 1m deep: 4-6m
- Convenience shop available? Yes
- Attractions: Nai Thon and Nai Thon Noi Beaches are an attraction in themselves. These beaches are not full of people and the water, the sand, the surroundings, and the views are incredibly satisfying.
- Activities: The beach is big enough for volleyball or playing soccer (football) or throwing a disc, but there aren’t any nets or goals here. Bring what you need! Though the ocean directly in front of the beach at Nai Thon Noi isn’t filled with rocks, the ends are, and it’s possible to snorkel around there and find sea life of all kinds. Bring your own snorkel gear if the waves are calm.
- FKK possible? Not permitted, but if empty…
- Massage available? Yes
- Picnic possible? Yes
- Surfing? It may be possible to surf here when the swells pick up, but there are no reports of anyone doing so. That either means the waves don’t form well here, or that nobody has tried coming here during good waves. The problem is, you’d need to take a boat to this beach, and if the waves are big, well, that isn’t going to work well in a longtail boat.
- Smoking? In November Thailand is cracking down on smoking at beaches around the country. In November 2017 in Phuket, Patong Beach is affected. Soon they expect to make it a country-wide smoking ban – so do stay up to date because fines are high and can include prison time.
- Warnings: During big waves, caution is advised because currents can become very strong.
- Waste runoff into the sea? No
More about Nai Thon Noi Beach
For more Nai Thon Noi Beach or other Phuket beaches information check out the Blog: