Nai Yang Beach – this wide and picturesque beach begins at the southwestern part of the beach in front of the Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa and going all the way up to the Phuket International Airport (HKT), and stretches over 3 kilometers (~ 2 miles). Once overrun by food stands and people selling stuff, the Nai Yang Beach has returned to its almost pristine state, with limits as to where vendors are allowed – and even where umbrellas are. Two beach chairs and an umbrella for rent will set you back just 200 THB. This is a long and wide beach which makes it easy to get away from any crowd, though it is not typically crowded. Excellent beach for families, and if you want a private villa that is kept to highest standards – try our property, “Bismarck’s Paradise” located between Nai Yang and Nai Thon Beaches. We know you’ll love it and come back for more!
Nai Yang Beach Clubs
No real clubs listed here in Nai Yang, but there are two decent restaurant bars listed below.
Nai Yang Beach Restaurants / Bars
- Sea Almond Chilled Restaurant & Bar – right in the middle of Nai Yang Beach right on the beach, so you can sift sand with your toes. Great service and a delicious menu and cocktails. If you are here in the morning for breakfast, order the waffles, fruit and pancakes, two different reviewers said theirs was perfect. Some reviewers call this restaurant “pricey”.
- Phen’s Restaurant Bar & Coffee – also found in the middle of the beach is Phen’s. They have a high rating, and the prices are supposed to be less than Sea Almond. It probably varies with the meal ordered. One reviewer mentioned that the spring rolls, green curry shrimp, and the grilled chicken were fantastic. Both of these Nai Yang restaurants have great sunsets.
- Bar street – there is a bar street at the south end of Nai Yang beach. Even sex-services are available.
Nai Yang Beach Accommodations
- Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa Nai Yang – at the far south end of Nai Yang Beach, this property gets great ratings from guests, and a cozy beach frontage that makes it seem like a private oasis. This resort is one of the highest rated in Phuket. Clean, quiet, and exceptional staff. Many repeat visitors. Rates around 6,700 THB to start.
- Luxury Villas Phuket at Bismarck’s Paradise – in the perfect mountain location between two of the best beaches on Phuket Island, Bismarck’s is a new vacation villa property with an emphasis on privacy and the latest furnishings and amenities. Their Thai staff will take care of you like you are family – because, you are – when you stay at Bismarck’s private villas at reasonable rates!
Nai Yang Beach Facts
- Location in Phuket: Northwest Phuket just south of the airport. From Highway 4031, travel south from the airport and turn right on Highway 4027.
- GPS Data: 8° 05’ 23” N, 98° 17’ 51” E
- Distance to Patong / Phuket Town / Airport in km: 34 / 36 / 3
- Taxis available: Yes
- Surrounding Beaches:Mai Khao Beach is just to the north, past the airport. Naithon Beach is just around the bend going south.
- Direction Facing: Northwest and west
- Beach Length: 3.15 kilometer (2 mi.)
- Beach Width: 43 meters (47 yd.)
- Estimated Beach Area: 135’450 m2 (161,997 square yd)
- Beach Quality: Of over 600 reviews, the vast majority 78% gave Nai Yang Beach a “very good” or “excellent” rating. That says a lot! Beautiful, calm, peaceful, a stunning beach to spend an afternoon. There is deep sand and the ocean bottom close to shore is sand and small shells and rocks.
- Ocean Bottom: Sandy with small rocks and shells.
- Restroom / showers facilities? Yes / No
- Beach features: There are sometimes lifeguards present, depending whether the government renewed their contract or not. The beach is a huge curving bay that is one of the nicest beaches in Phuket. It’s long and wide, sort of like Phuket, without all the people, trash laying around, and annoying touts trying to sell you something.
- Lifeguard Available? Yes
- Sunbeds Available? Yes, for a small fee.
- Umbrellas? Yes, Yes, for a small fee.
- Public or Private? Entrance fees? Public, no fees.
- Water quality: Good
- Boat anchorage possible? In calm wind and waves, this is a good temporary spot to anchor for a day.
- Boat dock and marina? N/A
- Longtail boat rental possible? Yes
- Speedboat/longtail boat tours possible? Yes/Yes
- Sea inflow:: Yes
- Slope into sea until 1m deep: 6-8m
- Convenience shop available? Yes
- Attractions: There are massage shops, bamboo hut bars, Indian and Italian restaurants right at the beach now. Blue Canyon Country Club – 18 holes of golf is just 2 km (1.3 mi.) inland and receives great ratings from golfers.
- Activities: Kiteboarding Asia Phuket (Kite-surfing) is at the south end of the beach – if you ever wanted to learn, and the waves are calm, this could be a great time to try!
- FKK possible? Not permitted, but if empty…
- Massage available? Yes
- Picnic possible? Yes
- Surfing? Yes! Nai Yang Beach is listed on our Top 17 Phuket Surfing Spots Guide. Waves can be big here during the off-season months of May to November. A strong rip-tide occurs, which has caused deaths. Do be very careful if the water isn’t nearly flat. Reaching the best waves requires a 300-meter (328 yd.) paddle, but it’s well worth it as the sometimes-smooth waves can just roll endlessly off the shallow reef for some perfect rides. For board rental and lessons, see Saltwater Dreaming Surf Shop at Bang Tao Beach just a 10-minute drive south.
- Smoking? In November Thailand is cracking down on smoking at beaches around the country. In November 2017 in Phuket, Patong Beach is affected. Soon they expect to make it a country-wide smoking ban – so do stay up to date because fines are high and can include prison time.
- Warnings: With waves of any size at all, there exists strong currents which can pull people out to sea. It’s no joke on all west-facing beaches in Phuket, so take it seriously. Watch for lifeguard flags and ask what they mean if unsure.
- Waste runoff into the sea? No
More about Nai Yang Beach
For more Nai Yang Beach information check out the Blog: