This beach is named after the Phuket Pullman Panwa Beach Resort found behind the beach. Pullman Panwa Beach is typical of other Phuket east coast beaches with a muddy bottom under the water, not great for swimming or walking through the water. There are few people on this beach, and you can reach it by a small path at kitesurf (200m south of Pullman) or by longtail boat if not staying at the resort.
Pullman Panwa Beach Clubs
There is no beach club at Pullman Panwa Beach
Pullman Panwa Beach Restaurants / Bars
- Tree Top Restaurant & Bar – though it has nothing to do with a tree top, as far as we can tell, this small restaurant gets decent ratings and offers an option outside of eating at the Pullman resort complex.
- Sawasdee 2 Restaurant & Bar Phuket – another option if you don’t want to eat at the Pullman Phuket Panwa Resort, this small restaurant has good reviews and specializes in Thai seafood. Live music at night makes this an ideal dinner spot.
Pullman Panwa Beach Accommodations
- Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach – amazing rooms and property. Spacious rooms with very updated furnishings. Can accommodate conferences. Villas with pools, Jacuzzi, and large balconies. This is a great place to stay if you really don’t care about swimming at the beach and will spend a significant part of your vacation in your stunning hotel room. Basic rooms starting around 4,000 THB per night.
- The Panwa Guesthouse – these basic rooms are a cheap alternative to the Pullman and set back further away from the beach. Reviews are good for this 3-start hotel. Rates start around 1,200 THB per night.
Pullman Panwa Beach Facts
- Location in Phuket: On the east side of a finger-like peninsula of Cape Panwa on Phuket Island’s east coast.
- GPS Data: 7° 48’ 37” N, 98° 24’ 13” E
- Distance to Patong / Phuket Town / Airport in km: 23 / 11 / 44
- Taxis available: Yes
- Surrounding Beaches: South of Pullman Panwa Beach is Cape Panwa Hotel beach, Heeowhat Beach is to the north.
- Direction Facing: Northeast, East
- Beach Length: 512 meters (560 yd.)
- Beach Width: Almost 18 meters (20 yd.) at its widest point. Most of the beach is not quite as wide. Let’s say 15 m. (16 yd.) During l by a small ow-tide, the beach can grow to 100 meters wide with patches of water and crabs.
- Estimated Beach Area: 7’680 square meter (9,185 square yd.)
- Beach Quality: Typical east-coast beach with mud mixed with sand. Not ideal for much, except enjoying a pleasant stroll.( near Pullman is swimming possible)
- Ocean Bottom: Muddy sand, sharp shells.
- Restroom / showers facilities? At the Pullman resort, yes.
- Beach features: Shallow water beach with a large hotel.
- Lifeguard Available? No
- Sunbeds Available? Yes, at the resort.
- Umbrellas? Yes, at the resort.
- Public or Private? Entrance fees? Public, but there’s little point coming here unless you’re staying at the resort.
- Water quality: Good
- Boat anchorage possible? No, too shallow.
- Boat dock and marina? N/A
- Longtail boat rental possible? No
- Speedboat/longtail boat tours possible? No/No
- Sea inflow:: No
- Slope into sea until 1m deep: 10-50m
- Convenience shop available? Yes
- Attractions: Ton Ao Yon Waterfall; Phuket Town is about 30 minutes away (best shopping on Phuket); Tarzan Adventure Phuket.
- Activities: Walking. Looking for crabs or shells. Spending a lot of time in your room or on the pool at the Pullman!
- FKK possible? Not permitted, but if empty…
- Massage available? No
- Picnic possible? Yes
- Surfing? None
- Smoking? In November Thailand is cracking down on smoking at beaches around the country. In November 2017 in Phuket, Patong Beach is affected. Soon they expect to make it a country-wide smoking ban – so do stay up to date because fines are high and can include prison time.
- Warnings: Stingrays are a menace at the east coast beaches of Phuket. It is not recommended to walk in the shallow water without thick-soled shoes.
- Waste runoff into the sea? No
More about Pullman Panwa Beach
For more Pullman Panwa Beach or other Phuket beaches information check out the Blog: