We’d be willing to bet, if you’re somewhere outside of Austria and surrounding countries, that you haven’t yet eaten Austrian food! Now that you’re in Phuket - or will be shortly - you have the opportunity to avail yourself of some really excellent authentic Austrian cuisine at one of our fine restaurants.
Austrian food has been influenced by food styles in other close-by countries like Germany, Italy and Hungary. There has come to be a fusion of food preparation styles and all countries mentioned have taken something from other cultures, resulting in some really excellent food, as you will see when you choose a good restaurant here in Phuket.
If you’ve never even heard of Austrian cuisine before, you probably want an idea of what’s on the menu – right? Here you go. Here are some of the popular Austrian dishes you might find at restaurants right around where you’re staying in Phuket:
- Beef soup (Rindsuppe) – this is a basic broth soup with a light golden color – little taste, just base, but part of many Austrian meals.
- Goulash (Gulasch) – this is a hotpot style dish eaten with some sort of bread – usually rolls, or dumplings.
- Liptauer – if you like bread, this is an excellent topping to spread on top – cheesy and spicy!
- Palatschinken – Austrian pancakes which are sort of like crêpes, filled with jam and topped off with powdered or crystal sugar.
- Selchfleisch – consists of smoked cooked meat with light spice – a great dish to eat with sauerkraut and dumplings.
- Strudels – there are a couple of great strudels that you’ll want to try: apple strudel, cream cheese strudel (Topfenstrudel) and milk-cream strudel (Millirahmstrudel).
When you’re on vacation, it’s the perfect time to try something new that you may have never even thought of before. If you’ve made it to this page, why not find yourself an Austrian restaurant here in Phuket and try it tonight for your dinner?
Luxury Villas Phuket Thailand, Bismarck’s Paradise, is located in the north-western part of Phuket near two excellent beaches on the border to the Sirinat National Park. The airport is 5 km away, but you don’t hear or see it. Luxury Villas Phuket / Bismarck’s Paradise is managed by Khun Nu (Thai) wi…
Car and Scooter Rental Nai Yang ? One of the best ways to see Phuket and the surrounding provinces such as Khao Lak, Krabi etc., is to rent a car (motorbike or scooter) and drive around. There are many scenic roads with breathtaking views and other touristic hotspots such as the 45 meter high, white…
A true culinary delight awaits you in your own villa kitchen, served by the pool. Our well-qualified housekeeper buys the required ingredients for you and also cooks the dishes for you – as requested. The choice is sumptuous; more than 20 Thai dishes, various international dishes, breakfast as well…